Unique Solutions Software
Hor$enseTM License Agreement
1. LICENSE: USS hereby agrees to grant the purchaser a non-exclusive license to use Hor$ense in accordance with the terms and restrictions set forth in the License Agreement. Use of this USS software package without a License Agreement for Hor$ense is strictly prohibited. This agreement is not assignable. In plain English: I sold you a copy for your own use, and if you bought this program from someone other than USS or our distributors... we've both been ripped off. Anti-Piracy Notice: I am committed to software anti-piracy. This product was not made with any pirated software, and I report all cases of software piracy to the appropriate authorities. In plain English: If you are planning to illegally sell this software, know that I have ways to identify you, and I will turn you in to the police!
2. COPYRIGHT: USS software, including all documentation, is copyrighted by Joseph D. Mainardi. The licensee may not copy or otherwise reproduce the USS software or documentation or any part of them, except as expressly permitted in this license. The licensee may make back-up copies of the software as required for the licensee's own use on a single computer central processing unit (CPU) provided that the licensee reproduce all copyright notices and other proprietary legends on such copies. In plain English: You can only make back-up copies of the CD.
3. RESTRICTIONS ON USE AND TRANSFER: The original and any back-up copies of the USS software are to be used only in connection with a single computer, or on more than one computer by the licensee only. The licensee may not sell, rent, lease, give away for no charge, sublicense or otherwise distribute copies of the USS software either in whole or in part to any others. This software is intended for the purchaser's individual use. It may not be used for commercial purposes. Any commercial use of the brand name or the results of computations by this product in any way is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of USS. In plain English: I put a lot of work into this program, so please don't make copies for anyone else to use, and don't use it to sell your selections to others. You have my permission to install the program on another computer if you're the only one to use it.
4. LIMITED WARRANTY ON MEDIA: All media is warrantied for material defects and faulty workmanship for a period of thirty (30) days after the original delivery date. In plain English: If the CD is bad, I'll replace it.
5. DISCLAIMER OF ALL WARRANTIES AND LIABILITIES: The licensed software is sold “as-is.” All warranties and representations of any kind with regard to the licensed software are hereby disclaimed, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Under no circumstances will the manufacturer or developer of the licensed software be liable for any consequential, incidental, special, or exemplary damages even if apprised of the likelihood of such damages occurring. The buyer assumes all of the cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction. Some states do not allow the limitation of exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In plain English: Every effort has been made to produce error-free software; there will be no refunds on the basis of any software failures. Also, USS is not responsible for damages to any component of your computer system while using this program; no one can predict when a component will fail, and it's nearly impossible to determine whether any single program caused the failure.
6. ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY PERTAINING TO THE USE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED: The nature of the licensed software is such that the manufacturer and developer have no control over the use of the information provided by the licensed software. Therefore, neither the manufacturer nor the developer can be held responsible for losses of any kind, that occur as a direct or indirect result of using any output from the licensed software. In plain English: This is handicapping software, and I can't control your use of it. There are too many factors involved in handicapping to guarantee results. If things aren't working out, contact USS and you'll get assistance. You MUST contact USS before requesting a refund, and all requests are reviewed individually.
Hor$ense is trademarked and copyrighted software developed by Joe Mainardi for Unique Solutions Software. Data from American Racing Manual used by permission © 2005 by Daily Racing Form, Inc. and Equibase Company – Reprinted with Permission of the Copyright owner. All other brands and product names are trademarked and/or copyrighted by their registered owners. Brand and/or product references do not imply any endorsement of Hor$ense whatsoever.